Sweat + Flow 5km + 10Km Run Program - 5:15pm Coaching Call Option
Time & Location
About the Event
Join the Sweat + Flow 8-week virtual group run program, under the guidance of run and endurance coach Tara from HEAL. This program will help you get started training for your first 5k/10k, or for more experienced runners, work on getting faster in your current 5k/10k times.
You’ll complete the runs on your own time, at your own speed, but you’ll be connected through our private Facebook training group so you can stay accountable, motivated, and have the support of the Sweat + Flow community.
These programs will help you to safely build your fitness, speed and running knowledge, and offer you group support to stay motivated and committed to your goals.
You can chose to follow a high volume or low volume plan for each distance which can be download through the free Training Peaks app. Training Peaks will allow the workout to connect directly to your favourite running device (Garmin, Polar, Apple) so you can follow along when you run. Your Coach can also check in on the runs as well to make sure you are completing them correctly. If you prefer a more basic approach, the program will be provided via PDF as well.
In addition to the private Facebook run community and program, you’ll have the chance to participate in four (4) coaching calls with Coach Tara and Kimberley to discuss the plan, terminology, check in with your progress and ask questions. These coaching calls are offered Mondays at 12:15pm or 5:15pm.
See the coaching call schedule below:
#1 Kick off call - Monday, May 17th
- About the program
- Help setting and establishing zones. How to pick the best threshold value for you now based on your current fitness and where you want to go
- How to move workouts around to better fit your current training schedule. What days work best for runs based on your current training/activity plan.
- How to adjust the program if you’d rather have a 2 week vs 3 week build.
- Other questions about the program like what to do if I miss a workout, should I make it up later or move on.
#2 Pre & Post Run Stretch/Checklist - Monday, May 31st
- Learn running drills, activation with Tara
- Review post run stretches with Kimberley
#3 Check in Call - Monday, June 14th
- How is the plan going for you? What’s working, what’s not? Any challenges athletes are facing.
- More discussion about progression of paces/ plan based on how you are doing now that you have more data.
- Nutrition recommendations, Staying motivated.
- Talk about the importance of striders.
- Athlete questions
#4 Final Call / Race Prep - Monday, June 28th
- Talk about taper/ recovery
- How to design your race strategy and plan
- Picking a race route
- Sports psych for racing
- Nutrition for race day
Coaching Call #1Online
Coaching Call #2Online
- Sold Out5k + 10k Run Program$99+$12.87 HST+$2.80 Service fee$99+$12.87 HST+$2.80 Service fee0$0